Saturday, May 12, 2012

Making a Plan

Hello again!

For those of you who don't know, I just completed my Master's thesis and graduated from grad school this week! With this big stress off my back and I am getting back to focusing on myself and my health! 

To be released March 6!! LOVE Jillian AND kickboxing!I have been making working lately on getting my menus in order. We have been trying some awesome new recipes, and trying to limit or eliminate weekday alcohol. I have also been trying to start working out more often. I purchased Jillian Michael's newest workout video, Kickbox Fast Fix a couple weeks ago. This week I tried it for the first time!

I have always been a kickboxing fan, so I was quite excited to try this out. Similar to her other videos she uses a circuit style routine with 5 moves, repeated twice. Some moves use hand weights, but most are body weight only. The entire workout (1) lasted 20 minutes including warmup and cool down, so this is definitely a good video when you are crunched for time.

So far, so good. I am not sure I would say it was an instant favorite, but you will see me using this video again:)

As for my running, it's been hit and miss. Last week I went to running club by myself, my girlfriends couldn't make it. I did 5 tough miles, but was so happy to complete it. My 10k is fast approaching and have not yet gotten consistent with my running, but the fact that I completed 5+ miles reminds me that I CAN do it.

With the motivation lacking, I decided it was time to start thinking into the future. My next half marathon. There is a great local race called the Wounded Warrior. They raise money for wounded veterans. I have heard nice things about the course and it's a great cause.

I decided this was a great race to start working towards! I put together a training schedule with the Wounded Warrior on Sept 15th as my goal. I use speed training from Run Less, Run Faster for my Monday runs, and several other plans to workout the rest of my mileage.

If you are interested in my training plan, you can see it here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_VClOAuJplqbF9qRldQaFY2alU

If you have any questions or comments about my training plan, please share! I am happy share that I now have the time to focus on my health again. It feels good to be moving forward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment