Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3-2-1- Take off!

Today marks three days until my first half marathon! So many things running though my head!

I can't help but think that I am as prepared as I can be! I have run 12 miles twice, test run the race course to get comfortable (11 miles, similar to race route), tested all my snacks and breakfasts, know what clothes/shoes I should wear, know where I need to park, etc. I know all the logistics, but somehow that is not settling to my nerves.

The tempermental weather is also giving cause for concern. Luckliy, (Knock on wood) rain is currently out of the forecast for Saturday. It is however predicted for the two days proceeding. This only tells us that half of course, through the national park (aka dirt paths and rocks) will be MUD and puddles. Lovely.

But no complaints. I am doing this because I CAN. I am doing this because I am able. For my friends and family who physically can't, for my friends and family who don't believe they can, and for myself, who never believed I could or would. I am running, in 3 days.


A quote from one of my favorite movies sums up my feelings about the impending race quite well...

We're gonna die! We're gonna die! I'm going to throw up, and then I'm gonna die! Mommy, tell it to stop!       Whew... ha! Almost lost my *cool* there.  (The Grinch)

No comments:

Post a Comment