Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stalling...

So, if you had noticed by the lack of posts lately, I have been pretty stalled in my workouts recently. Since my races, I have liteally stopped running. It is excuse after excuse. Maybe my body is tired, but mostly it is a mindset for me. I was determined, I had a team training with me, depending on me.

I go through days, sometimes moments where I feel so determined, so ready to get back on track. This is true for my diet as well. Two or three days of great workouts, tracking and eating. Then totally off track again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I had an interesting new experience. I tried Bikram Yoga(aka hot yoga, a heated room) for the first time. I had heard great reviews from some boardies about it, but I had also heard that it isn't for everyone. I went with Shannon and she did GREAT. I struggled, big time. Not so much with the yoga moves (not that they were easy), but the heat really got me. I felt dizzy, nauseous, and at some points blacked out momentarily. Obviously not the most pleasant experience. I sat down outside for a bit to gather myself and rejoined for the last 30 minutes of mat work. This got a little better for me.

Overall I am really glad I tried this. I do plan to give it another couple of tries, as I have heard that your body gets used to the heat. I will update you as to how it goes for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for being off track, I need to make my readers (and myself especially) some promises. I am starting the book Women. Food and God. I will also be starting Run Less, Run Faster. I am going to let these books help guide me to start making some better choices with food, workouts, and probably even my mental state.

My goals this week are:
-Run at least 2 times
-Workout at least 4 times total
-Track EVERYTHING
-Find time each day to read, for ME

Thanks for reading, and please help to keep me accountable for my goals!

3 comments:

  1. I <3 bikram. The dizzy/naseaus/faint thing is totally common as your body is seriously detoxifying so try it again and again. And try to go back within 24 (ideal) to 48 hours of your first class. Your muscles will still be in tune with the stretches.

    And good for you for being accountable about running - I'm finding that being signed up for races gives me a very solid *reason* to run. Even w/o races scheduled though, I was planning specifically (like days and times) that I would do my runs. That kept me on them - but then again, I'm a self proclaimed planner obsessor lol. TY for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOO <3 Bikram Yoga :)

    I like that you aren't giving up just yet. Every time I go I have a different experience, and the heat no longer bothers me!

    Just remember to get your H2O before and after class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried Bikram and didn't enjoy being in a hot room and the dizziness and nauseousness I experienced. I know do Vinyasa and Hatha Yoga and I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete